The Lightskin Monkey
Black Girls Aint Shit
So I think I'm better than you because I'm lightskinned huh? Bullshit! You think I'm better! I'm just as insecure as you are but I aint dragging you because of your skin color. I'm Black too bish! In the eyes of world, I am just another black girl. Even with red in my complexion and the bounce in my curls.. I am the LightSkin Monkey.
Now lets be real.. I'm tired of hearing all those degrading statements about the lighter skinned Black community. You know.. how we soft...can't read..bougie..and can't fight. I even heard a dark skinned female state that another Black girl was only pretty because she was light skinned. Like, in her eyes ..she looked past the woman's acne free face and her beautiful smile and only saw her color. How can you talk down on a person because they are lighter and not sound like a hater? Hating her because you hate yourself. Hating your dark skin so you harbor hatred inside for her flesh you wished you was born with. Then you say we think we better because we light skinned.
My mother is one of those bitter dark skinned females. She has the Black Phobia. Can't talk too black because then you'll sound ghetto. Cant wear box braids because "only black girls with kinky hair wear them". "Stay away from the color purple because it makes you look darker". Like who in the hell makes these rules up. Better yet.. she complained that my 8 week old son was too dark. I still remember her concerned face as she expressed her disappointment. He was doomed because he was a darker Black man?!
I'm personally attracted to darkskinned men. Their chocolate complexion warms my soul and the darker tar skin tones heat my fire. However, I am still an outsider. Either an inquired taste for the Black man or an instant competitor to the darker Black Women. I exist in a world that hate Blacks so much.. that even Black People hate being Black.
Black Girls Ain't Shit! All this beef between the light skin dark skin drama ain't bout shit either. That's some bullshit like a side effect from our PTSD. We should know better. I am still Black! I wasn't granted special rights as being the "lightskin Monkey". don't crucify me when we have the same target on our heads.. signed.. the Lightskin Monkey
I'm personally attracted to darkskinned men. Their chocolate complexion warms my soul and the darker tar skin tones heat my fire. However, I am still an outsider. Either an inquired taste for the Black man or an instant competitor to the darker Black Women. I exist in a world that hate Blacks so much.. that even Black People hate being Black.
Black Girls Ain't Shit! All this beef between the light skin dark skin drama ain't bout shit either. That's some bullshit like a side effect from our PTSD. We should know better. I am still Black! I wasn't granted special rights as being the "lightskin Monkey". don't crucify me when we have the same target on our heads.. signed.. the Lightskin Monkey
Comments
Post a Comment